Monday, October 19, 2009

Tarot: Seeing emotional pain coming at me

October 19, 2009

I have been seeing my female cat Dixie sick for the past days and decided to take her to the veterinarian. Before I place her inside the carrying cage, I asked the tarot cards for advice on her health. What I saw in the cards, kind of bothered me-- but didn’t pay too much attention since I have to leave to the veterinarian.

Legacy of Divine002

I shuffled my cards and asked “What I need to know about my cat Dixie’s situation?” I spread the deck over the table and picked 3 cards, the King of Coins, 3 of Coins and Ace of Cups.

        I didn’t care to look at the book’s definitions on these cards and decided to contemplated them for a moment and let my intuition lead the way.  When I saw the King of Coins, the first things that came to mind was the view of a doctor, since I associate green with healing. Looking at him, I saw compassion and knowledge. By holding the disc on his left hand, I saw it as providing a solution or perhaps a healing. The 3 of Coins shows a craftsman dedicated to just one of his creations. I saw myself dedicating lots of time to my cat Dixie, while still having the love and support of my husband and my other cat Bushrod, representing by the other 2 disc behind the craftsman. Like a craftsman, loving and working for that creation to become one of his best, I thought of myself giving the best of me to my cat Dixie. When I saw the Ace of Cups with a cup submerged in the bottom of the sea and a fish looking itself over the glass of the cup. I felt like I will have an event full of emotions and seeing the cup full, advice me to be positive and strong against adversity. I saw the advise to celebrate life as it comes despite the odds.

I took my cat to the animal hospital and the reaction of the doctor was not good, he immediately suggested  me to leave my cat with him to perform some x-rays, to see what could be the problem with her breathing. I left thinking that this might not be good at all and the tarot cards came into mind, thinking that they became a message for what its to come.

Two and half hours passed when the doctor called, asking for me to come and discuss the x-rays. By that time my husband was at home and I asked him to come with me, I felt that its not going to be good news and his support was needed. On arrival to the animal hospital, the doctors with knowledge and compassion gave us the bad news  about my cat’s health. The diagnostic is lung cancer and there is nothing that can be done but take loving care of her until its her time. I broke in tear in front of the doctor and my husband, I felt like a special member of my family just received a death sentence. The doctor, gave us some pills for Dixie and just to look for the signs when her life comes to an end, when that will be is uncertain.

While driving back home, I just couldn’t hold my pain and cried my heart out. My husband tried to calmed me down but in my tears and pain.. looking at Dixie, I said “I should took better care of you, maybe you would stand a better chance” my hubby told me that was not my fault, that Dixie is over 9 yrs old and cats like people are not meant to live forever. To others people’s pet are just animals but to me.. Dixie is family.. the first cat that hubby and I have since 2000, rescued from a animal shelter when she was condemned to die among a large quantity of cats without home. We saved her from that death.. but sure we can’t save her from this one.

The cards showed me what I asked about my cat, and as I saw it developed with today’s event.. the final advice still remain.. be positive against adversity and emotions…celebrate life despite the odds..

Card displayed:  "Legacy of the Divine” by Ciro Marchetti

No comments:

Post a Comment