Friday, October 2, 2009

How I Got Interested In Tarot Cards?

       Since childhood I always interested in Divination and metaphysics. Coming from a Roman Catholic family, it was hard to search into these matters. During my teens years, I was dragged by one of my friends into to go to this card reader in another town. We skipped school to go to this lady. She read the cards for me, she didn't use fancy cards like nowdays or Rider Waite Tarot type, it was plain cards from which you play spades with it. Somehow, her reading was impressived and very accure and I wanted to one day do the same. Its been years since that reading and still wonder about Tarot cards. I first started with the pendulum in 2007, after all my grandpa used to be a dowser searching for water :) I thought I could do the search on my own now that I am older. It wasn't until 2008 when I bought my first tarot cards set (Gilded Tarot), I played with these for short time but lost interest quick, found them real complicated, perphaps was not my time.



       Recently I got deployed to Iraq and while at there I continue reading metaphisical books and using my pendulum here and there. However, since I tend to have vivid dreams full of symbolism, tarot came to mind again. At the end of my deployment, in most of my dreams, animals were present and thought I need to learn the animal languange somehow. One day was browsing the net for more metaphysical books when these Animal Spirit Guide cards from Steven Farmer popped, I was really drawn into them and bought them. I used them daily and also gave some reading to some of my fellow soldiers. The funny thing is, I don't use typical Tarot spread and do not use the book for references. I just draw the cards I feel it needs for the reading, it could be 3 or up to 5 cards. I look at the animal picture and associate the animal behavior to the situation or person. It seems to make sense to the other person, it's funny when I give them the reading afterworth through the book.. its not quite the same and they rather have the first one. :)

Never thought that Tarot Cards can have an answer to anything, but the more I use them, the more I get amaze of its wisdom.. :)

       Nowdays, I have adquired other Tarot decks and just this week, been using Dream Inspirational Cards from Lo Scarabeo. These cards are full of symbols that I like to play with, figuring out the message hidden in them. I really enjoy these cards as well the Animal Spirit Guide cards. Haven't confirm its accuracy but I am working on it during this week :)

I am going to start posting the cards I draw for myself everyday as an attempt to keep an online journal of my perception and how it develops during the day. Hope you enjoy the reading :)

The Tarot Cards posted on this blog, you can find them at the following links:


The Gilded Tarot by Ciro Marchetti, Barbara Moore

Animal Spirit Guide Cards by Steven Farmer

Dream Cards by Lo Scarabeo

No comments:

Post a Comment